In this release, we've brought many features to the "next level," so you can now use Open as App in much more areas. Charts now support multiple primary axis types, you can add images to the app or create an app connected to your MSSQL and Exchange Account.
For "Data Acquisition Specialists": when adding a new data set, the formulas are now transferred to the new line in the list.
- [App] Numberformat in charts: The number format used to display chart data points is now configurable. To convert the number format to % values, open the editor of the chart and navigate to the tab "Advanced". There you add the definition numberformat=P0. You can find all the information about charts in the article: "Add and edit charts". In the chart in the left-hand iPhone, the numbers are displayed as percentages.
- [App] Multiple primary axis types: Charts now support various primary axis types: category axis (default), numerical axis, and date axis so that the scale of the axis can be adjusted. The primary axis type can be selected in the editor of the diagram in the "Data" tab. In the charts in the right iPhone, the charts are based on the same data, but the axis formatting in the lower diagram has been changed to "numerical".
- [App] Apply formula to new line: If you create a new record in a list (add row via app), formulas are now applied automatically so that calculations can take place in the new line.
- [Portal] [Web Client] Extract calculations from Excel: The "Save/Load Calculation" functionality has been enhanced by adding a new possibility to add a data set in the app.
So far, the data had to be entered and stored directly in the app, to be retrievable again. (For more information, see the article: "Save calculations and data in the app")
Now it is also possible to enter the data not in the app itself, but by uploading the Excel file via the web client.
- You fill out the Excel file with the desired input values on the PC and save it.
- Open your app in the web client and upload this Excel file via the "Load Data" view.
Immediately, the contents of the Excel cells are filled into the app's cells.
- This data record can then be saved as usual, via the "Save Data" in the app and is thus be available on all devices and if desired for other users of the app.
- [Portal] Download saved calculations: Calculations (scenarios) that you have saved in the app can now be downloaded as a corresponding Excel file in the portal. (Until now only the change protocol was provided.)
For example, you can save an offer quotation for the customer XY in the app, download it as a separate file on the PC in the office, and then edit it in Excel. By clicking on the "Download" button next to the respective data table in the table, the current base file is filled and downloaded with the input values that you have entered via the app.
- [Portal] MSSQL und Exchange connection: You can now create apps directly from your MSSQL data and from Exchange. The SaaS Data Wizard can connect directly to these systems so your app is always up-to-date. With Exchange, for example, global address books can be implemented very simply.
- [Portal] Add images: In the "Rearrange Elements" view, you can use the + icon to add images to your app. After you have dragged the "Image" item to the desired location, open the editor and upload the desired image.
- [Portal] Background image: You can now create your own background image for your app via the editor for the header area. The image is then visible during the loading time, for example, or when elements of your app are slightly transparent or spacers are placed between them.
- [Portal] Designs have been optimized. In addition, the number of predefined app designs was increased.
- [Portal] Deleted calculations were visible in the data log.
- [Portal] Excel files containing an .emf image could not be processed.
- [Portal] Gelöschte Kalkulationen waren im Datenprotokoll sichtbar.
- [App] A bug was fixed that sometimes caused the app to crash if the min/max values for input fields did not consist of integer numbers.
- [App] [Android] [Windows] Excel files containing special fonts could not be exported as PDF.
- [App] Lists with percent values are now displayed correctly in the dynamic dashboard.