Depending on the configuration of your app and the elements contained on a page, users will see a button in the lower right corner. In lists, you will see the "+" button to add a new entry. In surveys the "Upload" button to send the values from the app to a server-side log file.
It is possible to hide these action buttons on individual pages, or to use another action button.
To change or remove the action button, proceed as follows:
- Open your app in the web portal.
- In the preview, navigate to the page you want to edit.
- Open the Top Area Editor for this page by clicking on the top element of your app (usually the line that contains the name of the app).
- Switch to the tab "Advanced".
- Select the desired action button in the drop-down.
- Save your changes.
- Update your app.
The following settings/action buttons are available:
- auto: Displays a button for the default primary action of your app e.g. add a new entry if the page contains a list.
- none: Disables the action button for this page.
- add: Displays the "+" button for the add rows functions in lists. (Learn how to add data to your source file here: "Edit lists in the app / Mobile data collection")
- upload: Displays the upload button for uploading data to the server. (Learn how to create a survey app here: "Create survey and form apps based on Excel")
- Share: Displays a button that takes you directly to the "sharing" view and lets you share your app with other people, networks, or using other apps. This button appears by default on all public apps.
- home: Displays the Home button, which redirects to the main page of the app. Only applicable if the page tabs are deactivated. See the section "Disabling Pagetabs".
- external link: When pressing the action button, the corresponding URL is called (web client only)
- Define the URL in the field "Action Button URL"
- Define the text to be displayed in the button in the field "Action Button Text"