The results of values TODAY() and NOW() will change in Excel when the worksheet is calculated. Cells that contain this feature are not updated continuously in the spreadsheet, so they do not update in the app by default. Excel also starts occasionally in a protected view in which no recalculation of the data takes place.
It is possible to recalculate the spreadsheet every time the app is started. Activating this option corresponds to activating the "Edit" mode or pressing the F9 key in the Excel file.
To enable this option in your app:
- Open the app in the web portal.
- Navigate to "Advanced" in the left menu.
- Switch to "XML Configuration".
- Add the following definition to the "App Definitions" in the upper part of the website:
- Save the changes and update your app.
Each time your app is restarted, the source file is recalculated so that you can work with the current date or time formulas in your app.