The Cloud Service "Open as App" consists of three areas. The App Creator allows you to create mobile apps via your browser. The app portal is where you manage your apps, hubs, and users. Finally, the Open as App app player is the area you will use your own apps produced in the creator.
In this article, you will learn how to install the Open as App Player and log in as an existing user with your account information, or how to register.
Download Open as App
The "Open as App" player is available for iOS, Android, and Windows Universal platforms - for free.
- Launch the App Store on your device.
- Search for "openasapp" and install this application.
The Open as App Player is now installed on your device and can be started directly via the icon on your phone or tablet.
These links will take you directly to the appropriate version of Open as App:
- iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/open-as-app/id1084483622?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.openasapp.openasapp
- Windows 10: https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/store/apps/open-as-app/9nblggh5msxt
Notifications and Location
The first time you start the app player, you will be asked whether you allow Open as App to send you notifications and activate location services.
- You will be notified of pending updates of your app or if you have been invited to a team or an app. Click on "OK", to enable notifications.
- The location is retrieved to, for example, calculate the distance to a specific point of interest in your list and map. Click on "Allow". You can revoke permission at any time via your device settings.
- Start the Open as App player.
- Click the "Log in and see all your apps" button.
- Enter your login information.
- Click on "LOGIN" to be logged in the app.
Forgot your password? Click on "Help" to reset your password. More information in the article "Forgot password?".
Create a new account
Just like the app itself, also registering with Open as App is free of any costs. You do not need to provide any credit card information. You get a time-unlimited account so that you can use Open as App as long as you want.
- Start the Open as App player. (See section Login)
- Click the "Log in and see all your apps" button. (See section Login)
- Click on "CREATE ACCOUNT".
- Enter your name here.
- Enter the email address you want to register with for Open as App.
- Choose a password for your account. The password must contain at least 6 characters.
- Click on "CREATE ACCOUNT", to complete the registration.
Welcome to Open as App! You are now registered and directly logged in the app. We hope you enjoy the app creator. Feel free to ask questions or give some feedback.
We invite you to take a look at the Open as App Help Center. Here you will soon find answers to (hopefully) all your questions. For more information about our knowledge base or how to make a request please visit the article: "Help & Support".