Open as App is a cloud based Instant App Creator. Within seconds you can turn Excel calculations, lists and forms into professional apps with high functionality online and offline.
These apps can be shared with teams, clients and partners. Creating an Open as App account is free of any cost.
This article is addressed to new users of Open as App. You will learn how to accept your first team invitation and how you can access the apps shared with this team on your mobile device.
It is important that the first team invitation is accepted via the e-mail link, as in this step we can authenticate your e-mail address. Subsequent invitations can be easily accepted or rejected directly via the app player.
- Accept e-mail invitation
- Register at Open as App
- Congratulations - you are now a member of the team
- Download and install Open as App from your store
- First start of the Player and log in
- Use apps shared with you
The invitation to a team is sent from email@example.com.
This e-mail contains the name of the team you have been invited to and a personalized link that will allow you to accept the invitation.
- Click on the "Accept Invitation" link in the e-mail to be forwarded to the Open as App website.
- On the Open as App page you will now see detailed information about the sender of the invitation and can again check the team name.
- Click 'ACCEPT' to accept the invitation to this team.
Please check your spam folder for an invitation and add us to your list of "safe senders", so we can ensure a smooth delivery of the messages.
Registering with Open as App is free of costs and requires no credit card or other payment information. We only need your name and e-mail address.
Already registered users can jump to the log in form at this point an go to the next step.
- The registration form should already show your e-mail address.
- Please type in your full name, so that your team admin can recognize you more clearly.
- Choose a password for your Open as App account. The password must contain at least 6 digits.
- Click on 'REGISTER'
Congratulations! You are now a member of the team and a new Open as App user!
To use the apps shared with this team, you need the 'Open as App Player'. The Player contains all apps that are shared with you or your team. Later you can even create own apps if necessary.
So... Download Open as App now!
The 'Open as App' player is available for free for iOS, Android and Windows Universal Platform.
- Open your App Store on the device you want to use Open as App with.
- Search for "openasapp" and install this application.
You can use Open as App on multiple devices with different operating systems. Simply download the app on each of it and log in with your credentials.
The player (Open as App) is now installed on your device and can be started directly via the icon.
- Open the Open as App Player.
- We recommend to allow notifications, because this is how you will be informed about pending updates of your Excel-based apps.
- The location is only queried if the used app contains a map or any location data you want to show the distance to. You can revoke permission at any time via your device settings.
- Click the 'Log in and see all your apps' Button.
- Log in with the data you selected in the registration process.
- Click on 'LOG IN'.
For detailed instructions about initial installation of the Open as App Player and your first log in, see this article: https://support.openasapp.net/hc/en-us/articles/209752389
The initial view after log in shows your 'Favorites'.
Preinstalled, and deposited in the 'favorites', you will find a demo folder (HUB) containing a few sample apps. The green icons are basically "shortcuts" to the respective views.
- Menu bar
- In-App Notifications (you will be able to accept further invitations to Apps/Teams/Hubs directly from the app in the future, as you have verified your email address through the process described in this article)
- to the Side menu
- Side menu: User, app and hub usage history
- Settings: Log out, Language, App version