- [App] Diagrams with different diagram types for the data series are now supported. Thanks to this functionality, you can, for example, display a composite diagram of columns and lines in the app.
- [App] The notification area has been revised. It will not only shine in a new design, but will also allow the expansion of other notification types (in addition to the "You were invited" notification).
- [App] (Advanced) The dynamic visibility of elements (based on the value TRUE/FALSE in Excel) now works for all elements.
In the element editor, you will find a field in which you can specify the "Visibility (cell)" in the "Advanced" tab. Specify the address of the cell in the workbook whose value determines whether this element is displayed or not. The cell should contain the value TRUE or FALSE.
- [App] (Advanced) Dynamic display and hide of elements (based on the value TRUE/FALSE in Excel) now works for individual rows to be displayed in the list element. Attention: this function is still experimental and only recommended for experienced users.
Each line should contain the value TRUE or FALSE in a column.
In the "Advanced" tab of the list editor, the "Visibility (column)" is then specified. The definition is
isvisiblecolumn=x. The x must be changed by the position of the column. If the list starts in A1 and the column with the TRUE / FALSE values is in column C, the definition
isvisiblecolumn=3must be specified in the XML.
In the attachment (at the bottom of this page) you will find an example file (Is Visible Column - DEMO). The values in column C depend on the value in cell B2 on the worksheet Config.
- [App] (Advanced) When a user opens your app, we receive the email address with which they signed up for Open as App. This information can be passed to the Excel file that you use as the data source using the app definition useremailcell=<address>. If this definition is specified, the user's e-mail address is written to the specified cell when the app is started.
Based on this, you can use any Excel logic and in combination with the "isvisible column" and "is visible cell" functions to show/hide content for certain users (groups), for example.
In the "Regions Dashboard - DEMO" example file in the attachment, the user's e-mail address is inserted into cell B1 on the "Config" worksheet. Cell B2 calculates to which region the employee belongs. Depending on this, cells G6:G9 show TRUE or FALSE. These cells are used for dynamically hiding elements (in this scenario "ActionButtons" with which you can jump to a specific page of the app).
- [App] [Portal] Output cells of the app can now also be defined as "action buttons" that redirect to a specific page in the app when clicked. In the "Main" tab of the editor for output cells, a dropdown is available with which you can select the page to which you want to jump.
- [Portal] You would like to send invitations to a large number of people? Use our bulk invitations. Simply copy a column, row or collection of cells containing email addresses from Excel, Google Sheets, etc. and paste them into the input field where you used to type/select each person individually.
- [Portal] You can now create apps based on a My SQL query. The app then communicates directly with your database and displays the data from the columns as lists. Thanks to the list analysis function of Open as App you also have a direct evaluation with filter functions.
In the first step of the app creation process, select "MS SQL, MySQL, Salesforce..." under "Connect external service" to go to the provider selection.
- [API] We now support app creation with files hosted in Dracoon's Secure Data Space (https://www.dracoon.com). Please note that the link to the file must be a "guest link". In the first step of the app creation process, add this guest link to the popup window that appears after you click on "Shared URL" under "Connect external service".
Please note that your file must be available and downloadable at this URL. To check this, insert the URL in the address bar of the browser and check whether the file is downloaded directly from the browser.
- [Portal] The theme selected during the initial app creation process (in the Design and Customization step) is now saved temporarily for the entire creation process. Cells that are subsequently added in the next design step are then automatically designed according to the theme settings. If the app is published and then edited, the elements are not (yet) designed according to the theme settings. Initially, only the initial creation process was optimized.
- [Portal] Recognition of columns containing the geodata (degrees of longitude and latitude).
- [Portal] Recognition of line diagrams.
- [Web Client] Error sorting in date columns has been fixed.
- [Web Client] When editing list entries in the Web Client, the values from the toggle (dropdown) were not always displayed.
- [Portal] Grouped items were not removed from a group if they were to be placed last in the new group.
- Minor bug fixes and improvements